Project A: Town Centre
The Town Centre Transformation project
Through the Town Investment Plan the aim is to transform Leyland Town Centre creating a new vibrant heart to the town and the creation of two new public spaces for Leyland as a new focus for people and events:
- The Market Square -a civic space that will provide a new focal point within the town centre interfacing with the new Leyland Market and BASE2 business hub projects.
- A Church Place - a new green space just off Hough Lane.
The proposals also create:
- Public realm improvements including: shared spaces, shop forecourts, outdoor seating, wayfinding and tree planting
- Commercial development opportunities including commercial units for food and drink and town centre living.
Upgraded and new sustainable connectivity including: new pedestrian and cycle access from the north; car parking upgrades and provision of electric charging points and cycle parking.
- improved walking and cycling facilities
- improved access to strategic employment and leisure hub development sites, unlocking potential developments