Project A: Town Centre
The Town Centre Transformation project
A public consultation is now open to gather views from the public about plans for the Town Centre Transformation.
Through the Town Investment Plan the aim is to transform Leyland Town Centre creating a new vibrant heart to the town and the creation of two new public spaces for Leyland as a new focus for people and events:
- The Market Square -a civic space that will provide a new focal point within the town centre interfacing with the new Leyland Market and BASE2 business hub projects.
- A Church Place - a new green space just off Hough Lane.
The proposals also create:
- Public realm improvements including: shared spaces, shop forecourts, outdoor seating, wayfinding and tree planting
- Commercial development opportunities including commercial units for food and drink and town centre living.
Upgraded and new sustainable connectivity including: new pedestrian and cycle access from the north; car parking upgrades and provision of electric charging points and cycle parking.
- improved walking and cycling facilities
- improved access to strategic employment and leisure hub development sites, unlocking potential developments